If you haven’t been in a bobsled before, then you must definitely visit Africa’s first downhill tobogganing track at Tygervalley. At Cool Runnings, you and your children will have a great time hurtling down a 1.25km half-pipe racing through the twists and curves of the track. While cruising through 17 corners, S-bends and even a tunnel, you can take in the spectacular view of Cape Town when making your way down the tabogganing track.
You enter the bobsled at the bottom of the hill and the cables in the track will conveniently pull you up to the top. So you don’t have to climb up the hill yourself every time. Once you reach the top, it’s only you, the bob and the brake lever. You can go wild or take it easy. Either way, it’s a great activity for the entire family and your kids won’t get enough of those unique fun rides.
The track is in top-notch condition, so you don’t have to worry about your and your kids’ safety at any time. It’s fun, it’s fast and it’s safe!
If you prefer to stay away from the crazy rides, you can sit and relax at the bottom of the hill at their kiosk serving up hot food, snacks and drinks. You can find their full menu here: MENU
Kids under the age of 3 are not allowed on the rides. They will have to watch the fun from far, unfortunately. Kids between 3 and 7 are only allowed on the taboggan with an adult (15+).
They offer different ticket options. You can purchase tickets online or at their ticket office on-site.
- 1x ride starts at R70 for kids (3-14) and R80 for adults (15+).
- 3x rides cost R180 for kids and R210 for adults
- 6x rides cost R300 for kids and R360 for adults
- 12x rides cost R480 for kids and R600 for adults
- The Happy Family Combo includes 18x rides any age for R700
- The Happy Nappy Combo includes 3x adult and 3x children (age 3-7) rides for R250
- The Day Pass is available for R500 with unlimited rides (Day Passes cannot be transferred to other people)
- The Working Day Pass is valid weekdays only. You get unlimited rides for R360
Kiddies birthday parties (or even parties for grown ups) can be arranged at Cool Runnings. Book your table at the terrace area that has front-row seats of all the action on the track and where the kids can enjoy their party packs, balloons and more. For the party packs, you require a minimum order of 5 and you choose between warm food, snacks and platters. The Classic Snack Attack Party Pack starts at R65 per child. You can check out all birthday party options and prices here: BIRTHDAY PARTIES
This is really fun for kids and adults. Our kids are still too small to ride on their own, so we have the pleasure to ride with them every time we go there 🙂 They really can’t get enough of the rides and want to go as fast as you possibly can. They prefer to take a ride with Klaus though as he barely uses the brakes. I, on the other hand, respect the track and end up being a more conservative driver. So make sure to keep some distance if you ever ride behind me. I’m slower than the average person 😂
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Opening Times: Monday – Friday 11:00 – 18:00, Weekends, Public- & School Holidays 09:00 – 18:00, Closed when raining for safety
- Age Group: 3 – 99
- Baby Changing Facilities: No
- Kids Menu: Yes
- Price Category: Medium
- Fun Factor: 5/5
- Free WIFI: Yes
Phone: +27 (0) 21 949 4439