The annual Hermanus Whale Festival is a celebration of the return of the southern right whales to the coastal waters of Hermanus in South Africa. The Hermanus Whale
The annual Hermanus Whale Festival is a celebration of the return of the southern right whales to the coastal waters of Hermanus in South Africa. The Hermanus Whale Festival is the only ECO-MARINE Festival in the World!
The festival and it’s activities is growing each year. There’s a spectacular street parade, vibrant markets showcasing and selling the work of local artisans, great food, educational marine displays, lots of children’s entertainment, live music, and – of course – the best whale-watching experience in the world!!
Check out the full programme here: https://hermanuswhalefestival.co.za/events/
- Environmental & Conservation is the main focus of the Interactive Eco-Marine Village with tents: where the next generation and their parents can Explore, Discover, Learn, and Protect nature.
- The large eco-marine tent will house the foundations and institutions that provides the heart of environmental conservation and research in our areas.
- Marine & Nature Talks on Saturday and Sunday in. the big Eco-Marine tent
- Treasure hunt in the Eco-Marine Tent for the kiddies on Saturday and Sunday (12 pm-2pm)
- Heart FM broadcast live for the 3 days
- GPS Treasure hunt on Sunday for kids 13+
- Kiddies Entertainment on Market Square
- The popular Street Parade on Saturday Morning including the Vintage | Classic cars, Hawston cadettes and brass band.
- Great Food
- 3 Day Music marquee on Gearings point with a BEER FEST on Saturday
- 10km & 5km Fun Run Saturday Morning
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show in Sandbaai
- Strongman Competition on Sunday Morning – WP Challenge
- Crafters on Market Square. Great food at the festival as well as restaurants in Hermanus
September 29 (Friday) 9:00 am - October 1 (Sunday) 5:00 pm(GMT+02:00)
Marine Drive, Hermanus