Enter the wide open sea with Jack Sparrow and his fellow pirates when you go onboard the Jolly Roger Pirate Boat! This is a one-of-a-kind experience for young and old and surely a trip to remember as this is the only Pirate Boat in South Africa!
The adventure starts at Quay 5 at the V&A Waterfront where the Pirate Boat leaves the harbour four times a day/every day and you can choose between a Morning, Lunchtime, Afternoon or Sunset Cruise.
The first three cruises of the day take about 45 minutes and cost R220 for adults and R140 for children aged 0-12 years. You can buy drinks and refreshments onboard, but make sure to bring along cash as it’s a cash bar only.
The sunset cruise takes about 1.5 hours and includes a complementary sparkling wine for the grown ups. You can still get kid friendly refreshments at the Cash Bar as well. The sunset cruise rates are R380 for adults and R250 for kids between the age of 0-12.
You can book a spot on the Jolly Rogers Pirate Boat in advance on their website: RATES & BOOKING
Kiddies Birthday Parties
Of course, this is a perfect location for a unique birthday party and the Jolly Rogers caters for those special events. You’ll need a minimum of 10 kids to attend the party (maximum of 20 children) and then the fun can begin.
They offer three different party theme choices with different rates attached to them.
- The first option is the Robinson Crusoe Party (Cost = R190 per child): This party package includes a 1 hour venue hire with entertainment whilst moored and a 45 minutes boat cruise out to sea with the general public. The entertainment consists of consists of Pirate Pledge, face-painting and a treasure hunt.
- The second option is called Captain Hook (Cost = R250 per child): This party option is exactly the same as Option Nr. 1 but on top of that, each child will receive a Party Box filled with chips, a juice box, fizzer, smarties, chocolate, popping candy, and a lollipop.
- Option number three is a fully Private Kids Party where you can hire the entire boat for two hours at a cost of R7500. The general public will be excluded for this boat ride.
Yet to be booked from our side. We didn’t have a chance to go onboard yet as this activity was closed during Corona. We can only imagine that it is a lot of fun!
- Opening Times: Monday to Sunday 09:00 – 21:00
- Age Group: 0 – 99
- Rates: Adults: from R220, Children (0-12y) = from R120
- Baby Changing Facilities: No
- Kids Menu: n/a
- Price Category: Medium
- Fun Factor: 5/5
- Free WIFI: No
Phone: +27 21 421 0909
Looking for other things to do at the V&A Waterfront?
Check out our comprehensive list of family-friendly activities at the V&A Waterfront or head over to our travel experience partner GetYourGuide: