A wine farm with a unique location
Tokara is probably the most well-known wine farm among locals and visitors from all over the world. With its unique location on the slopes of Simonsberg mountain, you can easily overlook Table mountain and False Bay. This vineyard is famous for its award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc wines and the olive oil.
The location also hosts a restaurant (Tokara Restaurant) and a Deli (Delicatessen). The restaurant is a real fine dining experience, so we have never taken our kid there and this is more of an experience with your better half or friends and family. When you’re looking for a child-friendly place to go, then Delicatessen it is! Shop for gourmet ingredients and the finest delicatessen offerings and grab a bite or two! You can download the Delicatessen Menu on their website: MENU
They also feature an impressive outdoor play area with an extravagant jungle gym, slides, swings, four tree houses, scooters and ample running space as well as the occasional boastful peacock. So your kids surely won’t get bored. Just a thing to keep in mind: the playground is not shaded. So on hot summer days, you should definitely take a hat and sunscreen along to to keep your kids covered.
The playground designer Leanie van der Vyver even has valuable tips on how to navigate the playground. Start at the far end of the playground, climb up the light blue arched ladder into …
- Treehouse 1, you’ll see that it has a netted floor so lie down and take a break or continue through the yellow rope tunnel bridge, where you will find…
- Treehouse 2, from here you can slide down the fireman’s pole to the ground level or proceed to the adjacent …
- Treehouse 3, take a quick break to decide whether you want to a.) climb down a tree ladder to the ground level; b.) swish down the stainless steel tunnel slide; or c.) continue through the blue rope tunnel bridge to …
- Treehouse 4, a space of contemplation from where you either have climb down a tree ladder to the ground level or turn around and head back through the blue rope tunnel bridge to experience the playground in reverse order!
- On the ground level you’ll find a tractor swing underneath Treehouse 1, a tyre swing behind the yellow rope tunnel bridge, a shaded sandpit in front of Treehouses 2 & 3, trapeze rings underneath the blue rope tunnel bridge, and a netted jungle gym and tyre swing next to Treehouse 4 at the near end of the playground.
Guideline for age appropriate use of the playground: 2 – 4 years: ground level and 5 – 13 years: upper level Treehouse and rope tunnel bridge structure.
The playground is really beautifully designed and features a lot of surprises and challenges. It is better suited for bigger children though as the little ones aged 2 to 4 years are probably not able to enjoy the climbing fun yet. From the Delicatessen, you can easily overlook the playground area and always keep an eye on the playing children.
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Opening Times: Monday – Sunday 10:00 – 17:30
- Age Group: 0 – 99
- Baby Changing Facilities: Yes
- Kids Menu: Yes
- Price Category: Medium
- Fun Factor: 4/5
- Free WIFI: No
Phone: +27 (0) 21 808 5900