Flying in a hot air balloon is surely an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will always remember. So if that is something on your bucket list, grab the opportunity and go on an adventurous journey over the Cape winelands. Take in the beautiful views of Cape Town from a bird view angle and enjoy a sunrise like never before.
Ballooning Cape Town starts their hot air balloon rides from the Joostenberg Bistro which is located at the Klein Joostenberg Farm only 40km out of Cape Town. In the very early morning you will meet there for a nice cup of coffee or tea before you board the balloon.
After your 1-hour balloon flight and a safe landing, you will be shuttled back to the farm to enjoy a refreshing and filling breakfast at Joostenberg Bistro.
They only do sunrise flights and no flights are available at a later time during the day. So this is only an activity for the early birds. There are a few other requirements that you’ll need to be aware of:
- Minimum age 12 years
- Minimum height 120cm
- Maximum Weight per person: 130kg
- People should be physically able to climb in and out of the basket unattended
- No air balloon flights for pregnant women
- Do not bring along infants
- Not climb aboard with physical injuries or when you’re busy with post-operative recovery
- No high heels, dresses or constrictive clothing
Flying a hot air balloon is obviously weather dependant and in case of strong winds, rain or other unfavourable conditions, the flight would need to be cancelled. In that case, your flight will be rescheduled. Refunds will be determined by the ticket you purchased. And the good thing: from the time of your purchase, the ticket will be valid for 12 months!
You can check their calendar and book your flight here: BOOK A FLIGHT
- Opening Times: Monday – Sunday by appointment
- Age Group: 12 – 99
- Rates: Week Day Ticket = R3,400, Weekend Ticket: R3,900
- Baby Changing Facilities: No
- Kids Menu: No
- Fun Factor: 5/5
- Free WIFI: No