An indoor paradise for young and old.
This play park is conveniently located at the V&A Waterfront, so it’s a perfect opportunity to combine the play fun with some shopping and other activities around the harbour. The PlayDate SuperPark offers a huge variety for young and old and you could easily spend a couple of hours in there.
PlayDate target age group is 0-12 years old and play starts on the hour. So it is always best to book online to avoid disappointment in case they do get quite busy. Under 1’s 1st hour is free and Under 2’s pay R35 for first hour, Children from 3 years and up pay R95 on their first hour and Moms and Dads pay R30. Thereafter normal rates apply.
They do feature a toddler area which is great when you bring along smaller children. Not all play parks have that on offer which makes this location perfect for kids of all ages. There is also free WIFI throughout the Watershed where the Play Park is located.
Of course, they also do birthday parties at this location. Here you can find an overview and most frequently asked questions around that topic: Birthday Parties at PlayDate
Here are some of their activities:
- Little City: This is the dedicated toddler area with large building blocks, miniature houses, shopping equipment, games, toys, mini slides, towers and climbing equipment.
- Zip line: You can slide from one end of the wire track to the other and build up some core strength while finding out how to slide faster and faster.
- High-Line Rope Course: Five meters off the ground, suspended in the air offering 10 obstacles off a high line rope course that will literally take you to new heights.
- Half Pipe: Two Half Pipe Runs challenge your speed, agility and strength.
- 3D Maze: Over 1000 square feet of obstacles, adventure and fun suspended over 3 metres in the air.
- Computer games: If you’re lucky and over the age of 10, you can practice your gaming skills at the video game station.
- Air hockey: Start a match and see who wins this fun game.
At PlayDate you can choose from different party packages. They offer a custom party, playdate themed party, a mini custom party or even a toddler party. The most popular one is probably their playdate themed party for R275 per child (week day R200 per child). Here are the details for that option:
- No minimum number of children
- 2 hours of play
- Party box
- Steri Stumpy / Slushy
- Child’s Name in Styrofoam (rental)
- Playdate themed cookie
- Playdate themed décor (rental of paper plate, table runners, balloon on a stick)
- VIP birthday hero gets an all day pass to return on another day
You can check out all party packages here: PlayDate Party Packages
This is an amazing indoor play park and we love it, because we don’t have to drive far in order to get there. We always combine the kiddies fun with some shopping at the mall and usually have dinner at the food market next door. You can really play for hours in there and usually the kids are gone playing the minute we walk in. Plus: they have conveniently sized tables so that it’s super comfortable for the parents, too!
Rating: 5 our of 5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Opening Times: Monday to Sunday 10:00 – 18:00
- Age Group: 0 – 99
- Rates: Adults = R30, Children (3y+) = R95 first hour, Children (1-2y) = R35 first hour, Children under 1 = Free
- Baby Changing Facilities: Yes
- Kids Menu: Yes
- Price Category: Medium
- Fun Factor: 5/5
- Free WIFI: Yes
Phone: +27 (0) 60 718 2862
Looking at other things to do at the V&A Waterfront?
Check out our comprehensive list of kid-friendly activities at the V&A Waterfront or head over to our travel experience partner GetYourGuide: